Buying a home through a CLT allows you to buy more affordably.
Benefits to You
- You can afford a quality home that would be too expensive normally.
- Having a support network if a financial hardship hits your family.
- Removes homeownership barriers through down payment assistance.
- Direct access to trusted contractors and minor home repair loans.
- No more landlords: You are the homeowner.
- Pass the affordability on or keep it in the family; your children can inherit the house.
Benefits for the Community
- Generation after generation of home buyers are able to afford homes otherwise outside of their reach.
- CLT’s stabilize communities by helping renters become educated and well resourced homeowners.
- CLT’s promote healthy mixed income and diverse neighborhoods.
- Affordable housing allows people of all incomes to live close to where they work.
- Stable affordable housing is a key determinant to a family’s ability to thrive.
- Wealth building opportunities like CLTs allow families to end generational poverty.
How it Works
Steps to Buying a CLT Home
Buying a CLT home is a little bit different from the normal homebuying process. We'll work together with you and your realtor every step of the way to help you make the right decision for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
No, you can resell at any time. Just contact CHWC to start the sales process.