Property Tax Support

Are you a homeowner who was a resident of Kansas for all of 2021 who:

Owns a home with an appraised valuation under $350,000?

Is age 55+ and earned $36,300 or less as a household in 2021?

Is age 65+ and earned $20,900 or less as a household in 2021?

Is blind or totally and permanently disabled?

Had a dependent under age 18 living with you in 2021?

Is a surviving spouse of a disabled veteran or an active duty service member?

Then you could be eligible for property tax relief and get money back in your pocket!

Kansas offers two tax relief programs for older adult homeowners. For 55+ residents, the Homestead claim (K-40H) may refund a portion of the property taxes paid on a house, mobile home, or manufactured home. For 65+ residents, the Property Tax Relief claim (K-40PT) may refund 75% of property taxes paid.

We’re working with AARP Foundation Property Tax-Aide to offer a free
service for getting property tax relief in your community.

You could save money and get help staying in your home during these tough times.

A trained volunteer can determine if you meet eligibility requirements and help you apply.