Our diverse, talented staff are key drivers of CHWC's transformative work in Kansas City, Kansas.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Organizes, coordinates, and manages the overall maintenance programs including exterior/ interior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost-effective inventory control of the property. Schedule requires some flexibility, and is required to be on-call for maintenance emergencies. This is a part-time, non-exempt position, benefits eligible.
COMPENSATION RANGE: $19-$21 per hour, Depending on Qualifications
- General residential maintenance experience
- Knowledge of and previous experience in:
- Heating/AC repair
- Appliance Repair
- Knowledge of safety procedures. Knowledge of LIHTC Inspection Standards (preferred)
- Ability to work with pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to flex work schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Must have your own vehicle and tools. Valid driver’s license. Possess and Maintain a safe driving record, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions
- Strong applicants will have a desire to learn and understand how the principles of inclusion, equity, and justice apply to CHWC’s work
- Strong applicants will be committed to implementing principles of inclusion, equity, and justice in their day-to-day work as a member of CHWC’s team
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish and other languages is a plus.
CHWC is growing and committed to creating opportunities for advancement to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics unrelated to merit.