Our diverse, talented staff are key drivers of CHWC's transformative work in Kansas City, Kansas.
The Sustainable Housing Engagement Coordinator will support the financial stability and growth of our families by ensuring that they remain safely and stably housed as the community recovers from the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants must be 18+ and have some college education
- Experience in community service is preferred
CHWC is a nonprofit that builds high-quality homes for rent and purchase, provides alternative paths to homeownership, and supports families pursuing homeownership, financial stability, and other financial goals.
As our VISTA, you'll work as an integral part of our team to support the wellbeing, safety, and stability of families in our community by:
- Assessing the way we engage with families to ensure we are promoting their financial and housing stability
- Determining goals for customer engagement and develop a system to track housing & financial stability for our families
- Creating a Sustainable Housing Engagement Plan to guide CHWC in engaging with our families
- Designing an engagement calendar that charts CHWC's participation in outreach events and other strategies to engage with local families
- Engaging and preparing community partners, the CHWC team, local families, and other stakeholders to implement the plan
- This is a full-time, paid Americorps VISTA position that will run for one year starting September 30, 2021
- $513.94 bi-weekly living allowance through AmeriCorps
- VISTAs have the choice of a cash Education Award or cash End of Service Stipend, awarded at the end of service
- CHWC will provide a $500 a month housing allowance in one of our rental units.
CHWC is growing and committed to creating opportunities for advancement to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics unrelated to merit.