CHWC thrives because of our diverse, talented staff who are passionate about rebuilding our neighborhoods.
- Eating local helps to lower our carbon footprint, but growing our own produce and herbs and learning how to cook with fresh produce and preserve food also helps to lower our household food budget. The Farm Volunteer Coordinator will serve as a bridge between our highly productive urban farm and our focus on financial literacy by helping us form beneficial community partnerships to increase programming opportunities and recruit and manage volunteers who sign up to help us plant, weed and harvest fruits and vegetables at our farm. Duties are divided into four categories:
- Plan & support farm workshops
- Outreach efforts
- Engage & manage volunteers for Splitlog Farm
- Support in evaluation of volunteer program at Splitlog Farm
Benefits of becoming a VISTA member
In addition to the reward of serving your country and giving back to the community, VISTA members benefits of service include, but are not limited to:
- Student loan deferment
- Skills and training
- Living allowance
- Education Award upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
- Career opportunities with leading employers from the private, public and nonprofit sectors
Full job description here.
- The CB&E manager will lead and manage CHWC’s Community Building and Engagement programs, including Splitlog Farm, EPIC Arts, and related health and arts community programs. This position will also oversee CHWC’s volunteer & internship programs. This position will frequently work with CHWC’s Real Estate Development Project Manager to incorporate community engagement into CHWC’s housing and commercial development. The position is considered permanent, part-time and benefits eligible (non-exempt).
- CHWC needs a smart, self-starting, tech savvy Homeownership Manager. This position will be primarily responsible for building, growing, and sustaining CHWC’s Homeownership program, which delivers HUD certified housing counseling and education services and financial assistance to promote sustainable homeownership in the neighborhoods we serve. This position will deliver and oversee counseling, education, and homebuyer assistance programs, including home purchase and preservation assistance grants. The position is considered permanent, full-time and benefits eligible (non-exempt).
- The Construction Superintendent manages and schedules the completion of single-family homes and other structures on budget and on-time while maintaining a clean and safe work environment. The Superintendent should have a strong knowledge of building science and local residential construction codes. Must be competent in organization, planning, scheduling, trade management, and computer technology. The Superintendent must have an eye for detail, be goal driven, be able to work together with internal staff and external trade contractors and exhibit initiative in achieving the organization’s goals. Base Salary: Starting at 45K-60K DOQ. This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits eligible position. This position requires the regular use of a personal vehicle and smartphone.
CHWC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.