Our diverse, talented staff are key drivers of CHWC's transformative work in Kansas City, Kansas.
The Class and Outreach Coordinator (2022 VISTA Summer Associate) will play an important role in supporting homeowners of all income levels in maintaining safe, stable housing by conducting community outreach and market research to identify community needs, planning and executing homeowner workshops, and promoting courses and resources.
This is a full-time position that will run during the summer from June 6 to August 14, 2022.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older.
- Some college education and experience in community service is preferred.
- $575.40 bi-weekly living allowance through AmeriCorps
- VISTAs have the choice of an Education Award or End of Service Stipend, awarded at the end of service
CHWC is a nonprofit that builds high-quality homes for rent and purchase, provides alternative paths to homeownership, and supports families pursuing homeownership, financial stability, and other financial goals.
As our VISTA Summer Associate, you'll work as an integral part of our team to support the wellbeing, safety, and stability of families in our community. Your duties will include:
- Working with community partners to plan workshops.
- Designing curriculum for workshops.
- Promoting workshops through canvassing, social media, and partnership networks.
- Evaluating and adjusting workshops.
- Attending community events to share CHWC programs with residents.
- Supporting the development, assessment, and execution of the communication plan that guides CHWC's engagement with homeowners.
CHWC is growing and committed to creating opportunities for advancement to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics unrelated to merit.